Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Caramel Macchiwhato?

Since I've been spending so much time in no-internet land (Starbucks), I thought it was worth it to take a little trip to its Web site and find out exactly why my jeans no longer fit. I found my answer in an easy-to-read table format.

My favorite drink is surprisingly not too bad, ... actually, yes it is. 300 calories is a lot for a liquid (even for a "venti"). But on the bright side, 13 grams of protein is about as much as you get in some meats (don't ask me which ones, I'm not a food scientist). And one can always hope that 150 mg of caffeine will speed up the metabolism enough to ward off weight gain (though in my case I have found that to be a vain hope).

PS. The image is the official picture of a caramel macchiato from its Web site, but I've never once seen it served in a real mug like this. Do you have to request that?

Caramel Macchiato

A signature Starbucks® beverage. A creamy mix of vanilla and freshly steamed milk marked with intense Starbucks® espresso, topped with velvety foam and our own proprietary buttery caramel sauce.

Serving Size 20 fl. oz.


Amt Per Serving
Calories 300
Fat Calories 70
Saturated Fat (g) 5
Trans Fat (g) 0
Cholesterol (mg) 35
Sodium (mg) 160
Total Carbohydrates (g) 43
Fiber (g) 0
Sugars (g) 39
Protein (g) 13
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 45%
Iron
Caffeine (mg)
0%
150

THESIS PROGRESS: 21.90 of 40 pages written*

*That's only for chapter 3, the full thesis is much longer.

No comments: