Tuesday, March 25, 2008

PANIC AT THE THESIS!


My thesis task for the week is to input my adviser's corrections. I have the first half. But where are the rest? The search begins...

3 am: Frantically tear through everything I own
3:30 am: Try to remember the Catholic saint of lost things.
3:31 am: Fail. Continue searching without the aide of a supernatural deity.
4 am: Give up for the night and refuse to set the alarm out of a sense of defeat.
Noon: Expand search to places the corrections can't possibly be.
12:15 pm: Verify that corrections are NOT in underwear drawer, sock drawer, car glove compartment, console, or trunk. Nor are they under bed (roommate lifted it for me).
2:30 pm: Am reduced to flipping through papers I've already searched. The corrections continue to not be in said papers.
Now: Heart attacking-inducing panic and dread combined with confusion as to next step.

Please send me your suggestions. I am desperate. Do I fess up? Do I do the corrections without his advice? Do I flee the country? Continue searching? Do I tell my professor that if the White House cannot help but lose their most important papers, how should I, a mere graduate student with no political office, be expected to do any better?

4 comments:

Valerie Loveland said...

This is gross, but did you look in the trash (assuming it hasn't been taken to the dumpster yet)? Half the time I lose something, it is in the trash, the other half of the time, it is in the mountain of papers on my desk and I need to re-look through the piles one by one.

I am not the best at giving advice, but I wouldn't tell my professor.

Good luck. I can totally relate to this. I am a slob and am always misplacing everything.

Valerie Loveland said...

You probably already remembered by now, but I think the saint of lost things is Anthony.

Crystal Kill said...

I feel for you!!! We have so much in common.... keep looking and good luck!

C. Moon Reed said...

Thanks for the support everybody! I really appreciate it.