Friday, March 21, 2008

Yet Another All-Nighter

The spirit is (more or less) willing, but the body is weak. Last night, I wimped out. Five hours of sleep does not even count as sacrifice in today's 24-hour society. But tonight, I REFUSE TO SLEEP UNTIL I E-MAIL THE COMPLETED CHAPTER 3 TO MY THESIS ADVISOR!

The only kink in the plan is that I have to go to Traffic Safety School tomorrow at 7:30 am (Fie on you, photo radar!). Now, I'm prepared to go to the stupid class on no sleep (a gangky, unshowered look will probably help me fit in), but it does give me a solid 7:30 a.m. deadline. Will I make it? Heck if I know. Tune in tomorrow for the exciting conclusion of ... Chapter 3 thesis deadline!

PS. This painting is the perfect visual representation of how all-nighters feel. And I'm a horrible person because I forgot the artist, though I'm pretty sure it's Van Gogh. Anybody know?

3 comments:

Mike said...

I'll give you props... I certainly can't do the all-nighter thing anymore. My resolve just crumbles. I've found I can only get work done on my thesis in the a.m. hours before my real day has begun.

Because, after that, blogging, the NCAA tourney and bottles and bottles of wine just call my name...

Amanda said...

Ha, the artist's Picasso not Van Gogh. I'm amused that I found this post in the middle of an all-nighter.

Robert Sanders said...

They say sleep is for the weak, well, sleep is also for humans, so I hope you could sneak in a quick nap without sleeping all the thesis ideas out of your system. By experience, people get really cranky when they're sleep deprived. But still, your efforts=true dedication. *applause*