Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's Kinda Like the Pickles and Ice Cream Craving

But it's not pregnancy, it's thesis-ancy. Same symptoms, different source. (Bright side: Alcohol is encouraged instead of forbidden.)

I'm really really REALLY stressed. I have about 24 hours to write about 25 pages (or 48 hours if I don't proofread). I'm also exhausted. It's 1 am and I've been up since 6:30 am. That means it's time for thesis food. Obviously, I don't have time to grocery shop. But being a graduate student, I have the intellectual capability to make a few strategic culinary substitutions. Here is the recipe for the snack I just ate (You decide how many gold stars it's worth):

Grad. Student's Mock Chips & Dip

Ingredients:
1 pkge ramen noodles (or any other carb/starch will do)
1 container of sauce (I used Valentina Salsa Picante, but any kind will do)

Directions:
1. Without opening package, crush dry noodles until they are broken up into bite-sized bits
2. Open package
3. Set flavor packet aside for future use in other recipes
4. Pour sauce on noodles
5. Consume

Dry ramen noodles are actually quite good. And I attribute my sour stomach to the hot sauce (ingred: water, chili peppers, vinegar, salt; imported from Guadalajara, Mex.), not the noodles. But at least I have enough carb power to fuel a couple more hours of studying!

THESIS PROGRESS: I'm still awake
*That's only for chapter 3, the full thesis is much longer.

No comments: