Thursday, March 20, 2008

An Open Letter to Cell Phone Guy

Congratulations on your baby boy, your upcoming golf tournament and the growth of your small business in spite of the slowing economy. But you are an inconsiderate, self-important jerk who talks too loud. You just mentioned how the weather is beautiful today, so please enjoy the sunshine and take your call outside. Defying physics, your voice carries over my headphones, which are turned to ear-damage loud. You tell your friend goodbye, I sigh a relief, but then you find 10 more minutes worth of things to talk about. I would like to ask you to keep it down, but I cannot do so politely. To set a good example, when my cell phone rings, I take the call outside. You do not pick up on this hint. Finally, I take my computer, my books, my papers and my tea and move to the other side of the room. And now, you decide it’s time to start pacing the Starbuck’s as you talk.

PLEASE SHUT UP!

Sincerely,

Miserable Graduate Student

THESIS PROGRESS: 28.45 of 40 pages written*
*That's only for chapter 3, the full thesis is much longer.

No comments: