Thursday, March 20, 2008

Study Anthem O' the Day: "I Am a Scientist"

Apparently, I was wrong when I said, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the only indie rock music video you will ever find that celebrates academic research." Here's another one! I'm on a roll, baby!

Musical Note: This is not the best music from these endearingly too-hip-for-school Oregonians, just the most relevant to this blog. Nonetheless, the song has a good, fast beat that will help fuel those all-nighters. It also makes ya feel cool for being a nerd.
Adult Swim: Their most famous song (explicit content): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK5MC8pa_cY



The Dandy Warhols - "I am a Scientist" from Welcome to the Monkey House
If video doesn't work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suazwrc2RPU

Thesis Progress: Please, stop asking me this. It's getting too depressing.

3 comments:

Samia said...

I haven't heard that song in a while. Are you familiar with TWIS? I've always been partial to Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science."

C. Moon Reed said...

I'd never heard of it, but I just checked it out. And it's pretty cool. Sounds like we might have a new subgenre of music on our hands.

Samia said...

This Week In Science is a wonderful show. I have a giant crush on the blonde. Sigh. Someday.