Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Study Anthem O' the Day

It's very important to listen to the correct music when studying. Of course, the "right" music changes according to person, topic studied, time of day, mood, energy level, etc. But forget all that. I'll give a few recommendations now and again, and they will pretty much be based on whatever comest to mind at the time.

Without further ado, here is the perfect inaugural Study Anthem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is the only indie rock music video you will ever find that celebrates academic research:

Andrew Bird - "Imitosis".
From the 2007 release "Armchair Apocrypha"
In case video doesn't work, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXCzFnkxtY


THESIS PROGRESS: I'm still awake, which isn't saying much

4 comments:

Meagan said...

The video doesn't work :( You got me all psyched and everything.

C. Moon Reed said...

Hmmm. That's weird. It works on my computer, so I don't know how to fix the problem. Does anybody else know?

If all else fails, here is the url to the video so that you can watch it directly from YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXCzFnkxtY

Or you can just google "Andrew Bird," everything he does is amazing, so you can't go wrong.

Meagan said...

Actually I think now that it was an issue on youtube's end. I can see it now. Cool song... the jewel bugs are hypnotic. And I WANT a phonograph like that.

C. Moon Reed said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it! When he performs live, he brings a whole bunch of rainbow colored phonographs with him.