Sunday, March 16, 2008

The International Incident


My Parisian roommate just caught me making instant coffee. (I'd been hiding the habit for months.) He told me that he can tolerate all of my faults, but not that. Instant coffee is an affront to the natural order of the universe. I don't disagree -- my grocery store-brand crystallized concoction smells inexplicably like roast beef -- but I really needed a quick jolt. He offered to teach me how to use our impressive, complicated espresso maker, but I don't have room in my head for new knowledge. So I just nodded as he lectured me on the simplicity of espresso machines and silently vowed to switch to Red Bull while at home. ("The Absinthe Drinker" by Picasso)

THESIS PROGRESS: 21.98 of 40 pages written*
*That's only for chapter 3, the full thesis is much longer.

No comments: