Monday, March 24, 2008

DIY Grad Student: Reuse old shotglasses

Has your undergraduate collection of shot glasses been rendered obsolete by long hours of studying and grad-school induced nerdiness? Has green tea replaced tequila as your drink of choice? Then DIY* Grad Student has what you need!

First I want to say congrats on the green habit. Way to get a few antioxidants with your caffeine! And unlike Red Bull, your liver won't explode on graduation day.

But where to stash those used tea bags until you want to brew a refill? It's not like people own matching china teacups with saucers anymore. "What ever shall I do with my tea bags, DIY Grad Student?" you ask.

Never fear loyal readers, DIY Grad Student has your answer! Use the shot glass! It's the perfect size to hold a tea bag, and the tacky, little Senor Frogs illustration will remind you of the good old days, you know spring break '97 in Cabo. It really works!

DIY Grad Student wants you! Tips? Testimonials? New DIY solutions? Send them in! And we just might print them. Or keep them secret and use them for ourselves.

*
DIY is hipster slang for "do it yourself"

Thesis Progress: I reached a giant milestone yesterday, and I don't want to lose my momentum. But I'm feeling a little burned out.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

That's actually a pretty good idea. I don't have many shot glasses (never got into collecting them like many of my classmates) but Matt's got a handful or so.

C. Moon Reed said...

Hahaha. Yeah, this post is actually not (purely) a joke. I came up with the idea when my roommates complained that all our white cereal bowls were tea stained.